In this menu, you can change various settings for the display on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 such as the font, orientation, pop-up notifications, puzzle lock feature, animation, brightness, screen timeout, and power saving mode.
How to adjust the Screen Display on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Display.
Configure the following screen display settings:
- Wallpaper: allows you to set the Wallpaper for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both.
- LED indicator: allows you to turn on your LED lights for charging, low battery, incoming notifications, and voice recording. The light will turn on by default unless you turn them off.
- Page buddy: allows context related pages to be created on the Home screen. You can select S Pen page, Earphones page, Docking page, and Roaming page. Tap Page buddy help for more information.
- Screen mode: allows you to select from several different color modes.
- Brightness: adjusts the on-screen brightness level.
- Auto-rotate screen: allows you to switch the display orientation automatically when you rotate the phone.
- Screen timeout: adjusts the delay time before the screen automatically turns off. Selections are: 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes.
- Smart rotation: disables the auto screen rotation by checking the orientation of your face and the device.
- Smart stay: tap this option to disable the screen timeout if your device detects that your face is watching the screen.
- Font style: sets the fonts used on the LCD display. Selections are: Default font, Choco cooky, Helvetica S, Rosemary, or Get fonts online. Tap Get fonts online to download additional fonts.
- Font size: allows you to select which size of font is displayed.
- Touch key light duration: allows you to adjust the delay before the Touch key light automatically turns off.
- Display battery percentage: to activate/deactivate the display of battery charge percentage atop the battery icon at the top of the screen.
- Auto adjust screen tone: adjusts the phone’s LCD brightness level to automatically adjust and conserve battery power.
How to adjust Screen Brightness on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
This feature configures the LCD Brightness levels.
From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Display > Brightness.
Tap Automatic brightness to allow the phone to self-adjust and tap OK.
– or –
Touch and slide the on-screen slider to adjust the level and tap OK.
How to assign a Wallpaper on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Wallpaper settings option allows you to set the Wallpaper for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both.
From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Display > Wallpaper.
Select an available option to change its current wallpaper. For more information, refer to “How to use Wallpapers on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.”
LED Indicator on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
This option allows you to turn on your LED lights for charging, missed events, and incoming notifications. The light will turn on by default unless you turn them off.
From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Display > LED indicator.
Tap the following LED indicator options to turn them on or off:
- Charging: LED lights up when the device is connected to the charger.
- Low battery: LED lights up when the battery level is low.
- Notifications: LED lights up when you have missed calls, messages, or application events.
- Voice recording: LED lights up when you are recording voice. The LED only lights up when the screen is off.