You can use Skype on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Skype is a proprietary Voice over IP service and software application.
The service allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone, video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet. Phone calls may be placed to recipients on the traditional telephone networks. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free of charge, while calls to landline telephones and mobile phones are charged via a debit-based user account system. Skype has also become popular for its additional features, including file transfer, and videoconferencing.
Free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype, whether they’re on an Android, iPhone, Mac or PC, as well as IMs to your friends and family, no matter where they are.
- Skype to Skype IMs, video and voice calls are free* over 3G or WiFi.
- Make low-cost calls and SMS to mobiles or landlines from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Send pictures, videos and files to any of your contacts.
- Enjoy high-quality sound when you call anyone else on Skype.
- Talk face to face or show what you’re seeing with front and rear-facing cameras.
- -Talk to your Windows Live Messenger friends on Skype. Sign into Skype with your Microsoft account and have your Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook contacts in one place.
Due to Android restrictions, devices running Android 2.2 will only be able to use the rear-facing camera. Devices with Android 2.3 or higher will be able to use both front and rear-facing cameras.
* Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Size: 1.5 MB