Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a Google browser to navigate the mobile web. This section explains how to navigate the browser and use the basic features.
How to access the internet on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
To access the Browser:
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Internet icon.
How to navigate with the browser on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Tap an entry to select an item.
Sweep the screen with your finger in an up or down motion to scroll through a website.
To return to a previous page, tap Back icon.
To move forward to a web page, tap Next icon.
Browser Options on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
From the top of the browser screen, select one of the available options:
- Navigation: use the forward and back buttons to navigate through your browsing activity.
- Refresh: reloads the current page.
- Windows: displays a list of the windows you have open.
- Bookmarks: provides access to the Bookmarks screen.
– or –
From the current page, press Menu key to access the following options:
- Home: takes you to the currently assigned Home page.
- New window: launches a new browser window. By default, this screen shows the web2go home page.
- Add bookmark: allows you to add a URL to your bookmark list.
- Add shortcut to home screen: creates a shortcut to the web2go Home page and then places it on an open area on an available extended screen.
- Share page: allows you to share the page using Bluetooth, ChatON, Dropbox, Email, Facebook, Flipboard, Gmail, Google+, Messaging, S Note, or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Find on page: allows you to search in the current page.
- Desktop view: allows you to assign the browser to display the current page in the desktop view (to closely mimic the display as it would appear on a Desktop computer).
- Save for offline reading: allows you to store the current page in memory so that it can be read later even if you loose your Internet connection.
- Brightness: allows you to assign a brightness level specifically for the browser window. This is independent of the brightness assigned within the device’s Settings menu.
- Downloads: displays the download history.
- Print: provides print access on compatible Samsung printers.
- Settings: allows you to change the way you view your web pages by changing these options.
How to enter a URL on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
You can access a website quickly by entering the URL. Websites are optimized for viewing on your phone.
To enter a URL and go to a particular website:
From the homepage tap the URL field at the top of the screen, enter the URL and tap Go icon.
Note: This is not the same application as the Google Search Widget. The web2go screen cannot be accessed via a Wi-Fi connection.
How to search the internet on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
To perform an Internet search using keywords:
From within the Google search application, tap the Google search field, enter the keyword(s) to search using the on-screen keypad.
Tap up sided left arrow icon from the list of search results that are displayed.
Tap a link to view the website.
How to add and delete windows on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
You can have up to eight Internet windows open at one time.
To add a new window:
From your browser window, tap Windows icon > + New window icon.
A new browser window displays.
Note: The number of currently open windows is displayed at the bottom of the WIndows screen.
Scroll across the screen to view the currently active windows and tap an entry to launch the selected Internet window.
To delete an existing window:
From your browser window, tap Windows icon.
Scroll across the available windows and locate your target window.
Tap – red color icon next to the listing to delete the window.