Google Maps Navigation (Beta) is an internet-connected turn-by-turn, GPS navigation system with voice guidance on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Note: Traffic data is not real-time and directions may be wrong, dangerous, prohibited, or involve ferries.
Note: To receive better GPS signals, avoid using your device in the following conditions:
- inside a building or between buildings
- in a tunnel or underground passage
- in poor weather
- around high-voltage or electromagnetic fields
- in a vehicle with tinted windows
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Navigation icon.
Read the on-screen disclaimer regarding the current release status of the Navigation app and tap Accept.
How to enable GPS Location on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Press Home button > Menu key and then tap Settings > Location services.
Tap Use wireless networks allows apps to use data from sources such as Wi-Fi and mobile networks to provide a better approximation of your current location.
Tap Location and Google search to allow Google to use your location data to improve your search results and other services.
Navigation options on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Navigation icon. The navigation application can be configured from the main screen.
If prompted, read the on-screen disclaimer and tap Accept.
Choose from the following on-screen options:
- Driving/Walking : tap to configure the method of travel. Selection of Walking would negate the need to track traffic jams and obstructions.
- Speak destination: allows you to use the voice recognition feature to search for matching locations in your area.
- Type destination: allows you to manually enter a destination address (via the on-screen keypad).
- Go Home: allows you to return to a designated “Home” location.
– When prompted initially to setup a home address, enter the location into the Enter an address field and tap Save.
- Map: enables the on-screen real-time map functionality.
Navigation Map options on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Once on the map screen, you can access the following features:
- Destination: returns you to the previous Navigation options screen.
- Search by voice: Speak your destination instead of typing.
- Layers: allows you to switch map views:
– Traffic view: (available only in selected areas) Real-time traffic conditions are displayed over roads as color-coded lines. Each color represents how fast the traffic is moving.
– Satellite: Maps uses the same satellite data as Google Earth. Satellite images are not real-time. Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to three years old.
– Parking: displays parking information relative to your current location.
– Gas stations: displays gas station location relative to your current location.
– ATMs & banks: displays ATM and Bank locations relative to your current location.
– Restaurants: displays restaurant and eatery locations relative to your current location.
While on the map screen, press Menu key to access additional options:
- Set destination: returns you to the navigation options screen where you can access a destination by either Speaking, Typing, or selecting from a Contacts entry or Starred Place.
- Search: manually search for a destination address, place, name of business, or even a type of business.
- Layers: allows you to switch map views. See previous description.
- Settings: provides access to both Power settings (Screen dimming) and Information (Terms, privacy & notices).
- Exit navigation: terminates the application.
Help: requires selecting either the Internet or Popup Browser option to review online help.