Learn how to use AirPlay on your iPhone 5. With AirPlay, you can stream music, photos, and video wirelessly to Apple TV and other AirPlay-enabled devices. The AirPlay controls appear when an AirPlay-enabled device is available on the same Wi-Fi network that iPhone is connected to. You can also mirror the contents of your iPhone screen on a TV.
- Stream content to an AirPlay-enabled device: Tap Stream icon, then choose the device.
- Access the AirPlay and volume controls while using any app: When the screen is on, double-click the Home button, and scroll to the left end of the multitasking bar.
- Switch playback back to iPhone: Tap Stream icon, then choose iPhone
- Mirror the iPhone screen on a TV: Tap at the left end of the multitasking bar, choose an Apple TV, and then tap Mirroring. A blue bar appears at the top of the iPhone screen when AirPlay mirroring is turned on. Everything on the iPhone screen appears on the TV.
How to connect iPhone 5 to a TV using a cable
- Apple cables and adapters (available separately) may be used to connect iPhone to a TV, projector, or other external display. For more information, go to support.apple.com/kb/HT4108
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.