- Category: Gadget Featured
- Published on Thursday, 19 July 2012 04:35
- Written by Ajay
The iPhone and iPod Touch come with a feature, where you can download new applications to them, each one with varying purposes. There are apps for games, and also more practical purposes. Downloading an app is really very simple, follow the simple steps below
Find A Wifi Signal on your iPod or iPhone or a cellular signal on your iPhone. You need to connect your phone to the internet, so it can receive the data about the app.
- 3G Connection will sometimes work for downloading apps, but other bigger ones may require being connected to a router system.
Press the "App Store" Button. This will be (by default) on the bottom row of the home screen on your iPod or just on the home screen on your iPhone.
- To click the app store button, or any other button, just press down on it with your finger.
Now find the app you like. There are many different apps on the app store. There are many ways to find them.
- Click the "Featured" Button at the bottom left of the screen. The Featured tab features many popular and new apps. There are 3 sub-tabs to the Featured screen, which are located at the top of the screen.
- The "New" Tab shows articles that have just been introduced to the app store. They are brand new, and consist of many different genres.
- The "What's Hot" tab shows some of the most popular articles on the app store. They have received the best reviews and the most downloads.
- The "Genius" tab. If you activate Genius, you may go to the Genius tab. There, it will show you apps you may like, based on what apps you already have.
- Click the "Categories" button. This will show you many apps by their genre. If you are looking for a game, click the "Games" button. However, if you are looking for news about sports, click the "Sports" button. This method is fairly simple.
- Click the "Top 25" button. This will show you the most popular apps of that week. The apps in the Top 25 position will vary as new apps are downloaded and deleted. Like the "Featured" function, the "Top 25" system has three sub-tabs.
- The "Top Paid" tab. This will show you the most popular apps, however, these games cost money to buy. If you do not mind spending money, you can look in this tab to find paid apps.
- The "Top Free" tab. This will show you the most popular apps that are free to download and use. If you are on a budget, it may be wise to search here.
- The "Top Grossing" tab. This shows apps that have made the most money, either from the purchase, or by in-app purchases. Some are free, but have in-app purchases. These apps are usually more expensive to use.
- Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the screen. This will let you search for the title of your app. Click the bar at the top of the screen, then type in the kind of app you'd like to find, and then click enter. This will narrow done choices on what you searched for.
Once you have found the app you would like to buy, click on the app from the list. Read the description about the app, and decide if you would like it. This description will tell you about the app, and you can decide if you'd like to buy it.
At the top of the screen, there is a little button. It will either say "FREE" or a price. If it says "FREE", it means the app is free to download. However, if it shows a price, (i.e. $1.99) then that is the price it costs to buy the app. If you would like the app, double tap this box.
A box will appear asking you to type in your iTunes password. Just type in you password, and the download will begin.
You will now "fly" to the home screen were you will see your app downloading, and then installing. Be patient, and the app will download soon.
Once this is done, you may use the app for whatever purpose the intended downloading of it was.
- Downloading apps is quicker over WiFi than cellular.
- For the "Top 25" feature, at the bottom it will have a button saying "Twenty Five More..." If you click this, it will show you twenty-five more apps.
- When buying apps, ask the card owner’s permission first.
- Do not spend too much money buying apps, or you will go bankrupt.
blog comments powered by Disqus