You can use Skype on iPhone 5. Skype is a proprietary Voice over IP service and software application.
The service allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone, video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet. Phone calls may be placed to recipients on the traditional telephone networks. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free of charge, while calls to landline telephones and mobile phones are charged via a debit-based user account system. Skype has also become popular for its additional features, including file transfer, and videoconferencing.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Add your Messenger buddies to your Skype contacts
Sign into Skype using your Microsoft account and you’ll see all your Messenger buddies appear on your contact list. So now you can instant message, call or video call them all directly from Skype.
Bring emoticons to life
Liven up your instant messages by choosing an emoticon from our new emoticon picker - and, if you have a retina display, your emoticons with animate too.
- General fixes
- Minor bug fixes.
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPhone and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype.
Talk to friends in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash plus send emoticons.
- Send photos on your iPhone directly to friends or family via Skype. There's no limit on the size of the photo you can send, so you can share a moment without reaching email size limits or paying expensive MMS charges.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPad
- Skype WiFi
* Operator charges may apply